Animals & Adoption
HHS Thrift Shop
Heartland Humane Society is a local, not-for-profit animal welfare organization. Founded in Benton County by a number of compassionate citizens in 1966, our mission is To build a more compassionate community by teaching humane messages to our youth, caring for homeless animals and strengthening the human-animal bond.
Our programs include
- Running an open-door animal shelter where we care for more than 3,200 animals each year
- Visiting local schools and youth activity centers with humane education programs that sow the seeds of compassion and teach responsible pet ownership as well as safety around animals
- Providing services for low-income pet owners such as a pet-food bank and Emergency Housing Program
- Safe Housing Program for people in crisis shelters. WATCH: Digital Story about Safe Housing Program
- Behavior counseling and referrals
- Lost and found services
- And many more programs
We have contracts to house impounded strays and the victims of animal abuse for both Benton County and the City of Corvallis. However, these contracts account for less than 11% of our annual budget. The remainder of the money needed to carry out our unique and crucial mission must be raised by donations and fees for service. Please consider getting involved.
Heartland is located on SW Twin Oaks Circle, west of Third Street (HWY 99) just south of downtown Corvallis. Twin Oaks Circle is just south of Papa's Pizza, across the street from the Alternative Foods Co-op.
Coming from the South:
Head north on Hwy 99. As you begin to approach Corvallis there are numerous businesses along the road. You will cross Avery Avenue at a stop light. The next left (before Papa's Pizza) is SW Twin Oaks Circle. Turn Left. Follow the road straight and you will end in our driveway.
Coming from the Coast, Philomath and all points West:
Head East on Hwy 20 (Philomath Blvd). Turn South on Hwy 99 (this requires turning north and circling back under the overpass). Take your first Right after Papa's Pizza - SW Twin Oaks Circle. Follow the road straight and you will end in our driveway.
Coming from the East or I-5:
Take the Hwy 34 Exit and head West. As you approach Corvallis you will see signs for Hwy 34/Hwy 20 "Ocean Beaches". Turn Left. Shortly you will see the exits for Hwy 99. Take the Hwy 99 South exit. Take your first Right after Papa's Pizza - SW Twin Oaks Circle. Follow the road straight and you will end in our driveway.
Coming from Downtown or North Corvallis:
Follow Fourth Street South. Pass under the Hwy 34/Hwy 20 overpass. You are now on Hwy 99. Take your first Right after Papa's Pizza - SW Twin Oaks Circle. Follow the road straight and you will end in our driveway.
- 1800PetMeds supporting Heartland
- June Adoption Special
- New Wristbands!
- Bow Wow Bingo
- Camp Catnip Summer Registration!
- Congratulations HHS Thrift Shop!
- Donate Your Scrap Gold
- Heartland Logowear and Gear for Sale!
- Heartland on Animal Planet Show
- Video: Digital Story about Heartland's Safe Housing Program