Learn more about our work here.
Update: 7/20/21: We are temporarily unable to accept cats by owner surrender. We are still open to owner surrendered dogs and to receiving stray pets from our service area. If you have questions, please email email@example.com, or check back soon for updates.
We are hiring for a maintenance assistant position. Check out the post in our side bar for more information!
Pandemic Update, July, 2021: New Operating Conditions
Masks welcome but not required.
In response to the updated pandemic safety guidelines released by the Office of the Governor, masks are no longer required in our shelter building.
Appointments are still required to visit our shelter.
While we are working hard to return to pre-pandemic operating conditions, appointments are still required to access our adoption and intake services. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you’d like to help, please make a donation today: I’m Ready to Help
These adoptable pets have been sponsored by community members and local businesses.
Meet a great pet: Heartland’s Sponsored Pets
Sponsor a pet you want to help find a home: Sponsor a Shelter Pet
COVID-19 Update for the Shelter: July 2nd, 2021
Operations during Summer 2021:
Heartland Humane Shelter and Care is committed to the continued service to animals and the people who love them in our community. At this time, Heartland Humane Shelter and Care will be operating under the following conditions:
- Staff will continue to accept intakes, return animals to owners, work with fosters, and facilitate adoptions by appointment. Approved applications are required to visit with adoptable animals. We have doubled our appointment availability as of 7.2.2021!
- Strays services are active. If you are able, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The lobby is staffed between 11 am – 4 pm. For immediate assistance, please call 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 [zero]. When you arrive, please ring the bell on the front door.
- The Pet Food Pantry is available between 11 am – 4 pm every day. Please ring the bell on the front door for assistance.
- Unscheduled public visits, tours, Humane Education programs, and unscheduled volunteering remain inactive until further notice.
- Masks are requested but not required.