Adoptions at Heartland
Update (9/28/20): We are currently unable to place holds on specific animals.
- Restrictions on public access to the shelter, resulting from COVID-19 safety protocols, have limited our ability to make appointments.
- At this time, adoption appointments will allow you to meet all the adoptable animals of that species (cats, dogs, or small animals) that are available at the time of your appointment.
- Adoptable animals are available on a first come, first serve basis, by appointment only.
- Because appointments are limited, we ask that you be ready to adopt that same day.
- Dog adopters with another dog in the home should bring that dog to their appointment for a dog-to-dog meet.
Things to know:
- We require that you are allowed to have an animal where you live. We will contact the rental agency or owner of the property to verify this prior to approving an adoption questionnaire.
- We reserve the right to deny an adoption if the animal will not be a good fit for your home.
- Adoption fees must be paid at the time of adoption (see below for a table of current adoption fees).
- Dogs: If you have a dog in your home already, you will need to schedule a dog-to-dog meet at the shelter before your adoption can be approved.
- Cats and small animals: We do not have the ability to do pet meets with cats or small animals prior to adoption. However, we can counsel you on safely introducing a new pet into the home, and will always take our animals back if an adoption does not work out.
- We require that animals are spayed/neutered prior to adoption. If an animal is not yet fixed, you may place a hold on it until it is ready to be adopted.
Heartland will always take animals back if an adoption does not work out.
Current Adoption Fees
Adoption fees must be paid at the time of adoption. We accept cash and credit/debit for adoption fees. Adoption fees include spay/neuter, microchip, appropriate vaccinations and parasite treatments, collar and tags (if appropriate), and leash/carrier.
|Puppies (<7 months)||$300*|
|Kittens (<7 months)||$115|
Senior/Special Needs/FIV Cats
|Other animals||ask staff|
|License Deposit (Benton County Dog Adopters)||$10|
|G.E.M. (Going the Extra Mile)
These animals are highly adoptable and their fees go toward helping the other animals who are longer term residents