Heartland Humane’s Plans as Benton County Reopens
“Rocky here with an important announcement:
As Benton County enters Phase 1 of reopening, Heartland’s shelter will remain closed to the public until further notice. Animal services are still active by appointment, including adoption, surrender, and stray assistance.
The Heartland Humane Thrift Shop will be reopening as soon as possible, with restrictions and precautions that will keep customers, donors, and volunteers safe. If you’re interested in helping us resume this crucial revenue source, you can join the Thrift Shop volunteer team: Apply now!
We thank you for your patience as we keep safety and our ability to maintain caring for animals as our top priorities.
This has been Rocky with today’s breaking news. Stay pawsome, friends.”
The shelter still in operation while closed to the public.
Heartland Humane Shelter and Care is committed to the continued service to animals and the people who love them in our community. In consideration of public health and safety, Heartland Humane Shelter and Care will be operating under the following conditions:
- Open public hours are currently suspended.
- Staff will continue to accept intakes, return animals to owners, work with fosters, and facilitate adoptions by appointment, to minimize traffic in the building. Reach staff by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reach staff by phone: 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 (zero).
- Strays can be dropped off or picked up. Please email email@example.com or call 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 (zero), to make appointment.
- Tours, outreach, volunteer groups, Humane Education programs, and at-will volunteering are also temporarily suspended.
- Heartland Humane Thrift Shop is now available online! Shop now.
- This crisis has had severe impacts on our budget. You can help ensure we are here for the animals by donating today.