Heartland is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Animal Care Technician.
Please send cover letter,resume, and statement of availability by Thursday, August 30th to:
Heartland Humane Society
P.O. Box 1184
Corvallis, OR 97339
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered.
Title: Animal Care Technician
General Description: Responsible for feeding, cleaning, and other duties relating to the direct care of shelter animals and euthanasia.
Accountable to: Director of Operations or Executive Director
- Clean and disinfects animal housing units as directed.
- Feeds, waters and medicates animals as directed.
- Responsible to report to supervisor any staff problems, problems with volunteers and the public.
- Daily professional contact with volunteers and other members of the public. Including but not limited to assisting with adoptions.
- May be required to perform other duties as required by supervisors.
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission in both personal and professional life and must be able to uphold and strengthen the organization’s culture.
Heartland’s Mission is: to build a more compassionate community by teaching humane messages to our youth, caring for homeless animals and strengthening the human-animal bond.
HEARTLAND’S ORGANIZATION CULTURE STATEMENT IS: Heartland Humane Society is dedicated to maintaining a positive, compassionate atmosphere. Humor, friendliness and open communication are key as we treat the animals, the public and each other with respect and trust. By maintaining a clean and organized facility we show pride and feel inspired and energized. Team members are given responsibility, support and feedback. We strive to provide a flexible environment where individuals can work independently and are encouraged to show initiative and creativity. Additionally, our common bond of compassion for animals provides a framework of camaraderie.
Hours: Usually 15-25 hours/week
Experience and Skills Required:
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent, and be able to write and speak clearly in English. Preference given to applicants with animal care and/or customer service experience.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds.
- Must have and maintain Oregon Drivers License