Kitten season is the warm time of year when mama cats start reproducing through when the last of those litters are old enough to be adopted.
Heartland took in our first pregnant cats in February. They went into foster care where they gave birth to their litters. Mama and kittens are receiving proper nutrition, socialization, and care until the kittens are old enough to be at the shelter and adopted. We’re also getting abandoned litters, bottle babies who require around-the-clock care until they are weaned and ready to eat kibble. This will continue throughout the summer into fall.
It will take a lot to feed and care for all the cats and kittens we’ll see this season, and we’re asking for your help!
- Fund their care: Donate Now
- Become a Fundraiser: Create My Fundraiser
- Fundraise as a Business: Create a Business Fundraiser
- Learn more: Fundraising for Kitten Season
Other Ways to Help
- Support local businesses: purchase Food and Supplies
- Donate from our Amazon Wish List
- Hold a supply drive with these Printable Wish Lists
- Adopt a Cat to make room in the shelter