Heartland Needs Your Support
Funding to our shelter has dropped significantly with the closure of our Thrift Shop, but our life-saving work with animals hasn’t stopped. We need your help now more than ever:
Monetary Donations Keep Heartland Open to Animals
Your Pet Food Donations Keep Animals Fed
Our #1 need is always high quality dry cat food. We aren’t picky about brand; as long as the first two ingredients are meat proteins, our cats are happy. We use adult, kitten, and senior dry cat foods, or you can purchase ‘All Life Stages’ food.
Monthly Giving Guarantees Our Work Will Continue
Other Ways to Help
- Donate supplies: visit our In-Kind Donations page for a list of current needs
- Donate off our Amazon Wish List
- You can now shop deals from our Thrift Shop online! Shop Now
- Shop our Ebay sales
- Sponsor a Shelter Pet to help them get adopted
- Share this message with friends and family who also want to help the animals
No matter how big or small, your support makes our work possible. Thank you from the staff and animals at Heartland Humane Shelter & Care.
These pets have been sponsored by community members and local businesses.
Find out more: Heartland’s Sponsored Pets
Sponsor a pet of your own: Sponsor a Shelter Pet
COVID-19 Update for the Shelter: May 15th, 2020
As Benton County enters Phase 1 of reopening, Heartland’s shelter will remain closed to the public until further notice. Animal services are still active by appointment, including adoption, surrender, and stray assistance.
The Heartland Humane Thrift Shop will be reopening as soon as possible, with restrictions and precautions that will keep customers, donors, and volunteers safe. If you’re interested in helping us resume this crucial revenue source, you can join the Thrift Shop volunteer team: Apply now!
We thank you for your patience as we keep safety and our ability to maintain caring for animals as our top priorities.
COVID-19 precautions still in effect:
Heartland Humane Shelter and Care is committed to the continued service to animals and the people who love them in our community. In consideration of public health and safety, Heartland Humane Shelter and Care will be operating under the following conditions:
- Open public hours are currently suspended.
- Staff will continue to accept intakes, return animals to owners, work with fosters, and facilitate adoptions by appointment, to minimize traffic in the building. Reach staff by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reach staff by phone: 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 (zero).
- Strays can be dropped off or picked up. Please email email@example.com or call 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 (zero), to make appointment.
- Tours, outreach, volunteer groups, Humane Education programs, and at-will volunteering are also temporarily suspended.
- Heartland Humane Thrift Shop is now available online! Shop now.