Heartland is taking in cats and kittens every day, with more coming in as the season progresses.
You can help provide supplies and medical care so these cats and kittens have the best chance at
staying healthy and finding a loving home.
Heartland Humane’s animal shelter is open-intake.
We will never turn away a Benton County pet in need because of poor health, age, breed, or temperament. Saving lives since 1966. Find us on Oregon’s No Kill Network.
Our services are available by appointment. Details on our operations during Summer 2020 can be found at the bottom of this page.
Pets are Family: 2020 Photo Contest:
Voting begins July 1st!
- Vote for your favorite pets
- Reserve a day in the calendar to honor your pet
- Pre-order your calendar today
These pets have been sponsored by community members and local businesses.
Find out more: Heartland’s Sponsored Pets
Sponsor a pet of your own: Sponsor a Shelter Pet
Join the Thrift Shop Team
There are two volunteer orientations this month. Help earn money for the shelter and save lives! Register for an orientation today: Click here.
Click on the photo for details.
The Thrift Shop is open!
We are taking precautions to keep our volunteers and the public safe. Please visit the Thrift Shop page for more details. If you’re interested in helping us resume this crucial revenue source, you can join the Thrift Shop volunteer team: Apply now!
Summer is here. Protect your pets.
Indoors or out, pets need access to plenty of water on warm days. Outdoor pets need access to shade and protection from the elements.
Don’t leave your pet in the car! Heat stroke is deadly and can happen quickly. Refer to the chart below to see how rapidly the temperature rises in your car, even on mild days and with the windows cracked.
COVID-19 Update for the Shelter: June 11th, 2020
As Benton County enters Phase 2 of reopening, Heartland’s shelter will be open by appointment for adoptions, surrenders, and other animal services. Stray services are still active, and our Pet Food Pantry is open. We thank you for your patience as we keep safety and our ability to maintain caring for animals as our top priorities.
Operations during Summer 2020:
Heartland Humane Shelter and Care is committed to the continued service to animals and the people who love them in our community. At this time, Heartland Humane Shelter and Care will be operating under the following conditions:
- Staff will continue to accept intakes, return animals to owners, work with fosters, and facilitate adoptions by appointment. To schedule, or learn more, please email email@example.com.
- Strays services are active. If you are able, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The building is staffed between 9 am – 5 pm. For immediate assistance, please call 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 [zero].
- The Pet Food Pantry is available between 12 pm – 3 pm every day. Please knock on the front doors for assistance.
- Unscheduled public visits, tours, outreach, volunteer groups, Humane Education programs, and at-will volunteering remain inactive until further notice.
Heartland Needs Your Support
COVID-19 has significantly impacted our funding. Our life-saving work with animals hasn’t stopped, but we need your help now more than ever.
Monetary Donations Keep Heartland Open to Animals
Your Pet Food Donations Keep Animals Fed
Our #1 need is always high quality dry cat food. We aren’t picky about brand; as long as the first two ingredients are meat proteins, our cats are happy. We use adult, kitten, and senior dry cat foods, or you can purchase ‘All Life Stages’ food.
Monthly Giving Guarantees Our Work Will Continue
Other Ways to Help
- Donate supplies: visit our In-Kind Donations page for a list of current needs
- Donate off our Amazon Wish List
- Shop at and donate to our Thrift Shop
- You can now shop deals from our Thrift Shop online. Shop Now
- Shop our Ebay sales
- Sponsor a Shelter Pet to help them get adopted
- Share this message with friends and family who also want to help the animals