Learn more about our work here.
Kittenpalooza Adoption Event: Registration is Full
Update to Adoption Procedure, Sept 2020:
- *Due to COVID-19 restrictions on public entry, we are unable to place holds on individual animals. We thank you for your understanding.*
- Adoption appointments will allow you to meet our adoptable animals.
- Complete an Adoption Questionnaire and staff will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Want more info about adoptions at Heartland Humane? Click here
These pets have been sponsored by community members and local businesses.
Find out more: Heartland’s Sponsored Pets
Sponsor a pet of your own: Sponsor a Shelter Pet
The Thrift Shop is now open Wednesdays!
Hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm
Donations Accepted: Saturdays, 11 am – 3 pm
We are taking precautions to keep our volunteers and the public safe. Please visit the Thrift Shop page for more details. We would love to be open more. If you’re interested in helping us resume this crucial revenue source, you can join the Thrift Shop volunteer team: Apply now!
COVID-19 Update for the Shelter: 9/16/2020
Operations during Fall 2020:
Heartland Humane Shelter and Care is committed to the continued service to animals and the people who love them in our community. At this time, Heartland Humane Shelter and Care will be operating under the following conditions:
- Staff will continue to accept intakes, return animals to owners, work with fosters, and facilitate adoptions by appointment. Approved applications are required to visit with adoptable animals.
- Strays services are active. If you are able, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The lobby is staffed between 11 am – 4 pm. For immediate assistance, please call 541-757-9000, then dial extension 0 [zero].
- The Pet Food Pantry is available between 11 am – 4 pm every day. Please knock on the front doors for assistance.
- Unscheduled public visits, tours, outreach, volunteer groups, Humane Education programs, and at-will volunteering remain inactive until further notice.