Heartland Humane’s Working Cat Program
Heartland frequently receives feral, semi-feral or stray cats that are not suitable to be traditional pets. These cats would love the opportunity to earn their keep controlling rodent populations and patrolling your barn, farm, or rural/industrial property!
Before adoption, working cats are:
- vaccinated (FVRCP and rabies)
Things to Know:
- Barn cats require a consistent source of food and fresh water as well as shelter where they can keep out of the elements and escape predators.
- Find information on settling your working cat into their new home here: Click Me.
Want to give a working cat a job?
- Fill out our interest form here: Click Me.
- It is a $40 adoption fee for barn cats.
If staff has directed you to fill out a Working Cat Adoption Application, please do so here: Click Me.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.