Heartland Humane’s Working Cat Program
Do you have a barn, shop, or other outbuilding? Our shelter frequently works with cats that are not suitable to be traditional pets. These cats would love the opportunity to earn their keep by controlling rodent populations and patrolling your barn, farm, or rural/industrial property!
Please note: This life-saving diversion program is for cats that are already part of the shelter system. We are not able to intake feral or semi-feral cats specifically for this program. If you have such a cat on your property, please contact staff to discuss our Trap, Neuter, and Return (TNR) program.
Before adoption, working cats are:
- vaccinated (FVRCP and rabies)
Things to Know:
- Barn cats require a consistent source of food and fresh water as well as shelter where they can keep out of the elements and escape predators.
- Find information on settling your working cat into their new home here: Click Me.
Want to give a working cat a job?
- Fill out our interest form here: Click Me.
- It is a $40 adoption fee for barn cats.
If staff has directed you to fill out a Working Cat Adoption Application, please do so here: Click Me.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.